What is the etiquette for writing a modern-day thank you note? Here's a few things we like to keep in mind . . .
1. MAKE IT PERSONAL:
– Be specific on the content. Make sure you don’t sound like you’re doing the dishes or merely performing a chore . . . people can tell.
– Include the details – let them know that their preparations and care did not go unnoticed.
2. THINK OF ANOTHER WAY OF SAYING “THANKS”:
– If you can draw, illustrate your thanks and what you want to convey in pictures or sketches. You get the idea. It will also add that human touch in our digital age.
– Just remember, everyone else will be saying the same thing and using those two exact words.
3. MAKE THEM SMILE:
– Use verbal irony, puns, double entendres, etc . . . let your personality come through.
– Whatever it takes to amuse and make them beam while reading your note.
4. HAVE FUN:
– Knowing that you’ve written a good thank you note makes you feel good.
– People gravitate towards people who are fun, witty, and creative, so you’ve just increased your chances of getting invited back. Nice!